INSTITUTE OF FASTENERS & JOINT TECHNOLOGY
- Bolted Joint Integrity Education.
- Development of Industry Standards.
- Training as per ASME PCC-1 2013
- merSETA Accredited
- More than 1000 technicians trained to date – South Africa, Angola
- Industries trained : Refineries, Offshore FPSO & Rigs, Power Generation, Heavy Industry, Mining, etc.
- Independent Provider of Technical Expertise / Assistance.
The cost of the Course is R4,495 ex VAT per delegate, which includes a comprehensive reference manual, a Certificate of Competency, and ID badge (valid for three years) that they should display when on site, and an Institute logbook.
The Course is catered, so refreshments and lunch is served on both days.
Learning Objectives of ASME PCC 1
- Gasket types and their limitations
- Bolt types and their Limitations
- Identification of correct joint components
- Manual torque tightening
- Hydraulic torque tightening
- Bolt tensioning
- Flange alignment
- Importance of using specified lubricant
- Techniques used for load control
- Calibration and maintenance of bolt-tightening equipment
- Inspection, reporting defect / faults and repairing a joint for closure
- Gasket handling preparation and installation
- Correct joint disassembly and assembly and safety procedures
- Importance of joint-quality assurance procedures, certification and records