INSTITUTE OF FASTENERS & JOINT TECHNOLOGY
- Bolted Joint Integrity Education.
- Development of Industry Standards.
- Training as per ASME PCC-1 2013
- merSETA Accredited
- More than 1000 technicians trained to date – South Africa, Angola
- Industries trained: Refineries, Offshore FPSO & Rigs, Power Generation, Heavy Industry, Mining, etc.
- Independent Provider of Technical Expertise / Assistance.
The cost of the Course is R8,452.50 incl. VAT per delegate, which includes a comprehensive reference manual, a Certificate of Competency, and ID badge (valid for three years) that they should display when on-site, and an Institute logbook.
The Course is catered, so refreshments and lunch are served on both days.
Learning Objectives of ASME PCC 1
- Gasket types and their limitations
- Bolt types and their Limitations
- Identification of correct joint components
- Manual torque tightening
- Hydraulic torque tightening
- Bolt tensioning
- Flange alignment
- Importance of using specified lubricant
- Techniques used for load control
- Calibration and maintenance of bolt-tightening equipment
- Inspection, reporting defect/faults and repairing a joint for closure
- Gasket handling preparation and installation
- Correct joint disassembly and assembly and safety procedures
- Importance of joint-quality assurance procedures, certification and records
PLEASE NOTE: To prevent the risk of running this learning opportunity at a loss under the current COVID-19 Lockdown restrictions, SARETEC will only present the course if there is a minimum of four (6) paid participants attending the learning opportunity. SARETEC will confirm with you in writing by means of an email informing you at least 3 working days minimum before the start date of the course whether the learning opportunity is taking place or not.