An Energy Audit Technician assesses analyses and reports on the energy performance of an organisation, equipment, system(s) or process (es) and identifies opportunities for the improvement of energy use, cost reductions and efficiency.
Occupational Certificate: Energy Efficiency Technician (Energy Audit Technician)
Credits 119 - NQF Level 06 - 1 Year
- NQF Level 4 with mathematics and science or technical subject. or
- Six months work experience as a qualified Artisan.
This qualification is made up of the following compulsory Knowledge, Practical Skill and Work Modules:
KM-01, Climate change, policies, regulations and standards relating to energy efficiency, Level 5, Credits.
KM-02, Health and safety management for energy auditing, Level 4, Credits.
KM-03, Fundamental principles of energy, Level 5, 3 Credits.
KM-04, Energy conversion and efficiency, Level 6, 2 Credits.
KM-05, Fundamentals of electrical energy, Level 5, 6 Credits.
KM-06, Fundamentals of thermal energy, Level 5, 3 Credits.
KM-07, Energy efficiency of lighting systems, Level 6, 3 Credits.
KM-08, Calculation of energy efficiency of electrical motors, Level 6, 3 Credits.
KM-09, Energy efficiency of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, Level 6, 3 Credits.
KM-10, Energy efficiency of water heating systems, Level 5, 2 Credits.
KM-11, Theory of energy auditing, Level 6, 3 Credits.
KM-12, Energy efficiency in buildings, Level 6, 15 Credits.
KM-13, Cost saving opportunities of specialised industrial energy systems, Level 7, 15 Credits.
Total number of credits for Knowledge Modules: 63.
Practical Skill Modules:
PM-01, Determine energy audit data requirements, Level 5, 6 Credits.
PM-02, Measure energy performance and determine energy efficiency, Level 6, 12 Credits.
PM-03, Analyse energy efficiency data and identify improvement opportunities, Level 6, 8 Credits.
PM-04, Prepare and present energy audit findings, Level 6, 3 Credits.
Total number of credits for Practical Skill Modules: 29.
Work Experience Modules:
WM-01, Energy audit planning processes, Level 6, 5 Credits.
WM-02, Data collection and measurement processes, Level 6, 11 Credits.
WM-03, Data analysis processes, Level 6,6 Credits.
WM-04, Energy audit reporting processes, Level 6, 5 Credits.
Total number of credits for Work Experience Modules: 27.
EXIT LEVEL OUTCOMES
- Determine and record energy performance data to conduct the energy audit.
- Determine measurement requirements and methods to provide sufficient data to enable a building energy audit.
- Determine measurement requirements and methods to assess specialised industrial energy systems and calculate cost.
- Analyse and interpret energy data to determine energy savings opportunities.
- Present energy audit findings to demonstrate knowledge of the energy audit process and energy audit report format.