SARETEC Solar PV Mounter Short Course
The SARETEC Solar PV Mounter learning opportunity is a 21 day short course and it is intended to place a narrow focus on the performance of the typical tasks which the mounter will carry out during the physical mounting of solar modules and solar arrays on a roof. This learning opportunity will empower the candidate to apply special regulations such as the Building Regulations of South Africa (SANS 10400) and associated South African National Standards (SANS 10142-1 (Edition 2). It is presented as a skills program which will lead towards the part qualification; SOLAR PHOTOVOLTAIC SYSTEM MOUNTER which is a NQF level 2, 84 Credit National qualification under the Quality Council of Trades and Occupations (QCTO).
At the end of the course the participants will be able to perform the tasks expected of a Solar PV Mounter who mounts pre-designed PV systems according to instructions from either a PV Installer or PV Designer. To enable the candidate to do this they will learn about:
- World of work and career opportunities for a Solar PV Mounter.
- Application of workplace health and safety for a Solar PV Mounter.
- Mitigate and respond to hazards associated with Solar PV mounting system installation and maintenance.
- Use hand and power tools, measuring instruments and related equipment.
- Prepare and install the Solar PV mounting system from pre-designed PV systems according to instructions.