Solar energy is a critical source of energy for all life forms on earth and solar energy technology can be used to harness this energy.
This course will give you knowledge of solar photovoltaic cells, modules, and system components; electrical circuits, PV system design and installation, estimation and code requirements; solar electric products and applications; an understanding of energy conversion from sunlight to electricity, and working with solar conversion equipment.
18 Months (matriculant)
- PV system design
- Health and safety
- PV installation and wiring
- Roof types and mounting
- Shading analysis
- Artisan qualification in any of the following electrical/ mechanical trades
- NQF level 4 qualification electro-mechanics
- NQF level 4 qualification electrical
- NQF level 4 qualification Mechatronics
- • Or a national diploma in mechanical engineering, mechatronics or electrical engineering-subject to RPL
- • A high level of fitness and good health
- • Ability to work at height