Bolt Tensioning Training
This two day course deals with bolted joint integrity education which is developed according to industry standards with the use of the ASME PCC-1 2013 standard. The course is MerSETA accredited and prepares individuals for work in industries, such as refineries, offshore rigs, power generation, heavy industry, mining and renewables.
The course includes a comprehensive reference manual, a Certificate of Competency, and ID badge (valid for three years) that is displayed on site. The Course is catered, so refreshments and lunch is served on both days.
Learning Objectives of ASME PCC 1
- Gasket types and their limitations
- Bolt types and their Limitations
- Identification of correct joint components
- Manual torque tightening
- Hydraulic torque tightening
- Bolt tensioning
- Flange alignment
- Importance of using specified lubricant
- Techniques used for load control
- Calibration and maintenance of bolt-tightening equipment
- Inspection, reporting defect / faults and repairing a joint for closure
- Gasket handling preparation and installation
- Correct joint disassembly and assembly and safety procedures
- Importance of joint-quality assurance procedures, certification and records
Customized Hydraulics course delivered is in line with South African unit standards and aims to qualify learners to test and maintain basic hydraulic systems. This course is scoped at an NQF Level 3 and is over three days.
Specific outcomes include:
- Read and interpret basic hydraulic circuit diagrams and related component symbols
- Design and build basic hydraulic circuits
- Circuits will include lifting, load-holding, motor circuits and double acting cylinder circuits
- Understand Pascal’s Law and the relationship of pressure and flow to force and velocity
- Identify and select hydraulic components
- Test basic hydraulic circuits and record results
- Work safely with due care for self, fellow workers, machines, equipment, materials and the environment
The range of equipment included in the training comprises of actuators (cylinders and motors), pumps, reservoirs, pressure valves, flow valves, direction control valves, hoses, seals, connectors, instruments.