TRAINING: WIND TURBINE SERVICE TECHNICIAN PROGRAM 10
The Wind Energy Industry is expanding rapidly in South Africa, this fast-growing industry requires
numerous well trained staff, especially service technicians.
Wind Turbine Service Technicians (WTST) are specialized in servicing and maintaining modern
multi-megawatt wind turbine systems and are one of the key job-drivers for developing the
renewable energy industry.
For Application and Medical Form (Appendix A and B), please download from the website.
Duration of course:
7 Months (5 months Theory and Practical + 2 Months In-service)
Timeline: (Please note that the dates are subject to change.)
- Call open: 08 May 2023
- Application closing date: 31 May 2023
- Shortlisting: 05 June 2023
- Interviews conducted: 22 – 23 June 2023
- Programme to commence: 17 July 2023
Trade Test: Electrical, Mechanical OR NQF level 4 national diploma Electrical, Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering
- Reside in the CITY OF CAPE TOWN RADIUS (PROOF OF RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS IN FORMOF A UTILITY OR RETAIL BILL, A LEASE AGREEMENT OR AN AFFIDAVIT FROM THE LANDLORD)
- Minimum 1 year post education experience.
- Age Criteria: Between the ages of 25 – 45 years.
- Females are strongly encouraged to apply to this exciting opportunity.
- South African Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- No criminal record.
- Physically fit (Work at heights).
- Cannot be enrolled in another programme at CPUT or any other Higher Educational
- Have no outstanding fees owing to the Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT)
All applications to be sent electronically to Lindie Lourens at firstname.lastname@example.org