Duration (Full Time):
5 months (Monday to Friday from 08:00 – 16:00) at SARETEC, Bellville.
2 months on a wind farm (in-service training)
Fee: R95,000.00 incl. VAT per person
+27 (0)21 959 4320/48
Province: Western Cape
City: Cape Town
WIND TURBINE SERVICE TECHNICIAN
SARETEC trains and qualifies wind turbine service technicians for the South African Wind Energy industry with an accredited QCTO Occupational certificate.
Wind turbine service technicians are responsible for the service, maintenance, and repair of wind turbines. They inspect, diagnose and maintain, adjust or repair wind turbines, resolving electrical and mechanical malfunctions. They are able to work at heights in all weather conditions, including extreme cold and heat, for extended periods. Wind turbine technicians must be capable of working closely with other individuals.
- Artisan qualification in any of the following electrical/mechanical trades:
- NQF level 4 qualification Electrician
- NQF level 4 qualification Electro-Mechanics
- NQF level 4 qualification Mechanical Engineering Millwright
- NQF level 4 qualification Mechatronics
- NQF level 4 qualification Fitter and Turner
- National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics
- National Diploma in Electrical Engineering subject to RPL
- South African Citizen or Permanent Resident
- No criminal record
- Have no outstanding fees owing to the Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT)
- Physically fit (Full medical would need to be undertaken before commencing)
- No fear of heights or confined spaces
- Cannot be enrolled in another programme at CPUT or any other Higher Educational Institution at the same time.
SARETEC is actively looking for sponsorship for the programme, but if no sponsorship is available, the candidate needs to be responsible for their own funding. SARETEC will only present the course if there are a minimum of six (6) paid participants.